The Science Behind How People Heal: Using Mindfulness, Meditation, and Yoga in the Therapeutic Process
I have been practicing meditation, mindfulness, and yoga for 20 years. It has transformed my life so much I decided to incorporate this method of healing into my counseling practice to help others. So many of us lead such stressful lives leading us down a path to...
When I was at church a couple Sundays ago I remember one of the gospel readings teaching us that wives should be subordinate to their husbands. Ephesians 5-21-32 "Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is head of his wife just as...
So interesting such a shift in perspective going on out there. Since my mid twenties people have been asking when are you going to get married and have children? I would always say I am NOT getting married and NOT having children. Never went over well with the popular...
I am the type of person who is always willing to be open minded giving people a chance to be a part of my life. Unfortunately for most of my life I never knew how to set limits and boundaries with those who took advantage of my generosity, kindness, and created a lot...
I am in the process of working toward receiving my 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate at Maha Yoga Center in Bridgewater, MA. I felt it was something I could personally benefit from as well as continue to use in my counseling practice working with children,...
I open my heart center with love to explore the spirit which lives within my body. I realize my body is the temple of my being. I am not just this body but an expression of the spirit in visible form. During this yoga and mindfulness practice, my intention is to be...
We live in a society and culture which has passed along a very subservient role for women. Women have made tremendous efforts at changing this but unfortunately it continues to exist. In my parents generation women could only be nurses or teachers. They were expected...
I woke up from a dream this morning which was so vivid and so full of wisdom from beyond. I believe this dream to be a divine message specifically designed to help me realize that I maybe clinging to something in my past that is not so healthy. The dream was about my...
I was first introduced to meditation 20 years ago in College by my college professor Dr. Ronkin. I loved quieting my mind, feeling present, and enjoying the deep sense of relaxation and peace that came from meditating. Throughout my life I have continued to explore...
Mindfulness, meditation, prayer, yoga, and receiving my PhD in Metaphysics, in Holistic Life Counseling has really broaden my mind and healed my body on so many levels. I truly feel freeing myself from the idea of what I was expected to be and do in my life has...
Fifteen years ago I changed careers and moved from Vermont to Massachusetts. This was one of the most stressful times in my life. My new career had me commuting 4 hours everyday which put a lot of stress on my nervous system and caused me to develop a cardiac...
We are nearing Thanksgiving which is such a wonderful time of year. We have so much to be thankful for. It is the perfect time of year to reflect on our lives and think about all the beautiful gifts we have received over the past year. The gifts of joy, happiness, and...
Sibyl Magazine is a international publication that speaks directly to the “Spirit and Soul of Women”
Dr. Samartano was chosen by the magazine’s founder, Sibyl English, to be a featured writer because of her holistic approach in helping people heal their mind, body and spirit.
- PhD Specializing in Holistic Counseling
- PhD Institution: University of Sedona, Sedona AZ
- Year PhD Earned: 2013
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Counseling Psychology
- Graduate Institution: Lesley University, Cambridge, MA
- Year Master’s Degree Earned: 1997
- License Number and State: 5539 Massachusetts
- Years in Practice: 20+Years
- Average Cost (Per Session): $200 – $300
Strategies for Holistic Health and Healing:
Holistic Health and Healing:
- A psychotherapeutic approach aimed at assisting the individual to explore their inner life.
- Stress Reduction techniques such as mindfulness meditation, yoga, imagery, and guided visualizations.
- Stream of consciousness writing
- Pranayama Breathing techniques
- Art and play therapy for children and adolescents.
- Parenting consultation and family therapy.
Effects on Physical and Mental Health:
- Simple breathing techniques can be relaxing, lower blood pressure, calms emotions, and clears thoughts.
- Reduction in mental and emotional stress including worry, anxiety, compulsive and impulsive behavior, racing thoughts, confusion, and many forms of acting out behaviors.
- Increase in creativity and self-expression.
- Reduction in muscular tension, indigestion, and headaches caused by stress and insomnia.
- Increase in self-awareness, peace of mind, and a balanced life.
Free 20 minute Guided Yoga Nidra Meditation!
Download your FREE GIFT by signing up for my newsletter.
\s Therapy Session Options
Dr. Samartano Provides Telemedicine Services in Massachusetts
Offering HIPPA Compliant Video Teletherapy Counseling and In-Person Sessions
Venmo, Zelle, Cash, Checks,
All Major Credit Cards,
HSA Credit Cards
Initial Individual Session
(60 Minutes) $250
(50 Minutes) $200
Ten Individual Sessions
(50 Minutes) $2,000
Initial Couple / Marriage Sessions
(60 Minutes) $350
Couple / Marriage Sessions
(50 Minutes) $300